Sabah CM calls for statewide disaster preparedness in anticipation of northeast monsoon | Malaysia

Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Hajiji Noor said all state district disaster management committees were ordered to be on alert and put logistical preparations, including shelter, on standby. Temporary Evacuation (PPS) in all districts. – Photo by Bernama

PENAMPANG, November 5 – Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor has called for statewide disaster preparedness ahead of this month’s northeast monsoon.

Hajiji said all statewide district disaster management committees have been ordered to be on alert and put logistical preparations on hold, including temporary evacuation shelters (PPS ) in all districts.

“The state government has also worked closely with its federal counterparts through the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA), particularly to channel cash assistance and disaster allowances during the monsoon.

“The government will always give priority to the well-being of people, regardless of their origin, in accordance with the spirit of ‘Keluarga Malaysia’, which emphasized the three main axes of inclusion, common ground and contentment.” , he told the Sabah Cultural Center here today.

Previously, he had offered cash assistance of RM1,000 to 200 heads of households affected by the September floods. The remaining 737 heads of household will receive theirs within the next two weeks.

He also said that the flood mitigation program for Penampang district is underway.

“The government will ensure that the project is completed. Two of the three flood mitigation packages have already been completed, ”he added. – Bernama


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *