The 2022 hurricane season, which runs from June 1 through November 30, is upon us, and agencies across the state have been working hard to provide information on how we can prepare for what forecasters from NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center say could be an above-average asset. bad weather season. Floridians have the opportunity to prepare for hurricane season while saving big on hurricane-qualified supplies with June 10.
Floridians are estimated to save up to $25.6 million over the 2022 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Exemptionmore than double the $10.5 million savings of 2021, according to the governor’s office.
You have questions about what qualifies and does not qualify the Florida Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday 2022? Click here now.
Staying up to date with information is always important, but even more so during hurricane season. Visit ReadyOsceola.org for updates, communication links, and the downloadable AlertOsceola app. Preparation saves lives!
Build a Kit – Be prepared for at least 72 hours with food, water and medicine for your family.
Here are some important tips to make sure you and your family are prepared:
Keep these documents in a waterproof and portable container:
- Important telephone numbers
- Registration of bank account numbers
- Family books (birth, marriage, death certificates)
- Saving credit card and company account numbers
- Inventory of valuable household goods
- Copy of will, insurance policies, deeds, stocks and bonds
- Passports, social security cards, vaccination records
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES
- Battery operated radio or television
- Fast chargers for smartphones
- Flashlight and lanterns
- Extra batteries and bulbs
- Extensions (heavy duty)
- Thermos for hot dishes, coolers for cold
- Manual can opener/utility knife
- Towels for cleaning
- Plastic tarps/sheeting
- Plastic garbage bags
- Full propane tanks
- Scotch tape
- Generator (NEVER run a generator indoors or inside a garage)
- Gas canisters
- gas grill
- Tree saw for cutting fallen limbs
- Paper cups, plates and plastic utensils
- Hand tools, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, hammer and nails
- Fire extinguisher
- fix-a-flat aerosol
- Mops, buckets and cleaning products